Not all Travelling Irrigators are born equal, so which one is right for you?
The irrigator is one of the most important components of a Dairy Effluent system. It should be considered as another type of fertiliser spreader.
To extract the maximum benefit from your Dairy Effluent nutrients, you will need to be able to:
- Spread your Dairy Effluent evenly
- Set the amount that the irrigator applies (just like a fertiliser truck)
- Spread it at a rate determined by your soil moisture conditions and nutrient budget
- Measure the amount that it applies
We supply a range of Dairy Effluent irrigation options from all of the leading brands. We have experience in the supply and service of all the major brands of irrigators, so we are able to advise on the most appropriate irrigator or irrigation system that best suits a particular farm’s requirements.
When choosing an irrigator it is important that it:
- Can delivery Dairy Effluent at a rate that matches or is below the infiltration rate of the soil to avoid ponding
- Can deliver down to 5mm per low application depth
- Is robust and simple to operate
- Has readily available parts
- Comes with independent Performance Charts to allow you to operate it effectively
- Comes with comprehensive operating manual
- Is made by a reputable and large-scale sized manufacturer